Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The other tooth....lost.

Yesterday the girls and I were out in the backyard raking leaves. While raking I was listing to Lucy play a wooden Peruvian flute when all of a sudden she tossed it on the ground and began to scream. I ran over and looked into her mouth, which she was gaping open at me. At first all I saw was a dab of blood on her tongue. I told her to calm down, she had only bitten her tongue. While keeping her mouth wide open she attempted to say.."I swallowed it, I swallowed it!!!!" All the while there was fear in her eyes. Still not understanding I took a closer look into her mouth only to realize that she had knocked out her other top front tooth with the flute, and swallowed it. Two for two with the good front tooth stories Lucy!

6 comments:

Cheri said...

Ewwwww!!! Teeth gross me out! Lucy - I swallowed 2 of my teeth, and lost 2 others at school before I got home. Each time I just wrote a note to the tooth fairy explaining what happened and put it under my pillow.

Cheri said...

And Lucy, your mom told me about the family home evening lesson you taught. she said you did a wonderful job. Congratulations!

auntie Cheri

Emma Lee said...

Those dang Peruvian Flutes will do it every time!! He he. This made me laugh because it reminded me of a totally hilarious yet disgusting story of my dad. That being said... if you really want to recover it I am sure it will eventually make its way out. ;)

Give Lucy a BIG hug from me!

Cheri said...

Don't tell DHS about the Peruvian Flute. If you never saw that episode of South Park, um, never mind.

Mike

Ellie said...

I love listing to Lucy also.

Mary Poppins said...

i love that she was playing the wooden peruvian flute. it wouldn't be as great of a story without that detail.