Thursday, December 4, 2008

Bedtime visit from Santa





Tonight Santa came to visit. It was a surprise to us all! He went into Lucy and Carmen's room (after they had laid down for bed), jingling bells and laughing the famous "ho ho ho." This was a great thing for Matt and I. Lucy asks me daily if Santa is real. I tell her that the story of Santa is real, and it is up to her if she wants to believe. Of course she does, but the literal thinker in her doesn't. The girls were in awe, and very willing to tell Santa what they wanted. Luckily, "Santa" will be bringing them exactly what they asked for. Lucy wants "sports stuff" and Carmen "a ballerina tutu." Easy enough. What a great ending to a long day (medical tests and snowy snowy cold streets.)

9 comments:

Cheri said...

how great! Who was it? And how is everyone doing? medical tests? I'm sorry. But so happy for such a fun surprise!

The Campbells said...

So cute! I bet they loved that! Don't you just love Christmas with kids?

Unknown said...

Loved all the pictures - your trip to Disneyland, your new home, Halloween, Santa. It all looks like such fun. The kids are beautiful! I'm very happy for you all.

Love,

Cookie

Michelle said...

Katie,
Your girls are so darling. We have heard that you are now in CO. We need to meet up with the Pollary's and Millwards and who ever else is here. We would love to hear from you. awbmab@gmail.com
Michelle Burns

anna said...

How cute! I bet Christmas is fun with little kids.

Emma Lee said...

Saweet! Who is cool enough to do that? I bet the kids loved that. Warren saw Santa at the mall and he was still a little shy but happy too.

Anonymous said...

Medical tests? What's going on? Email me!! Tiff tiffanymsmith@msn.com

Mary Poppins said...

what a fun surprise. una would have been thrilled but duet would have been in tears. that's what happened when we tried to get pics with the jolly man last weekend. she kept clinging to me and saying "no santa, no santa." glad your girls enjoyed it. then again i didn't see a picture of eden, so maybe santa left her alone.

Stephanie said...

So who was "Santa?" That makes me laugh about Lucy. I like your invitation for her to believe without the blatant lying.
After years of my mom trying to convince me that Santa was real, I never once believed her; so she just pleaded with me to at least play along for my brother's sake.