Thursday, September 18, 2008

Fun and stress free in the E.R.




So on Wednesday night I was scrambling to make dinner for the missionaries. Matt wasn't going to be home in time to have them over, so I was bringing it to their home. They needed to eat at 5pm. This is definitely not a good time of day for me...with the kids :) I basically had to banish them to their room so that I could cook. The whole time I was thinking.."I'm happy to do this for the missionaries, and I'm sure I'll be blessed for it." Let's just say I was totally blessed. Right as we were getting ready to leave to take them dinner, Lucy stood on a kids chair that suddenly flipped over and she whacked her chin on the counter. Speaking from past experience, things like this don't go so well for me. Usually I feel very nervous and completely stressed out. But, amazingly enough, I was calm, collected, organized...even happy! So, we dropped of the dinner on the way to the E.R. The hospital was empty, so we got into a room right away. Of course as all hospital visits go, this still took about 3 1/2 hours even though it was not busy. It was actually very hard and tiring to entertain the kids in that tiny room for such a long time, but I didn't mind!. Matt was taking the train to meet me, but fell asleep and missed his exit...ha ha ha. Usually I think that would make me flip my lid...but again...no stress. The whole experience was quite remarkable. Lucy was very brave, she didn't even flinch or wince or anything! I'm very grateful that I was so blessed that day!!!

3 comments:

Mary Poppins said...

what a glass-half-full attitude, katie. i'm so impressed. glad to know everyone's ok. lucy seems so tough with her scar. as for matt--falling asleep on the train? really? couldn't he come up with a better excuse than that?!?! that's just so classic :)

Kierstin said...

Wow!! You are an amazing mom. Lois is always having accidents just short of the emergency room and I get crazy. Good job Lucy! It is fitting that Matt missed his exit too. Great story.

anna said...

Way to be a cool mom Katie.